Wiser Ltd. is one of Corks largest Waste Management companies and we are currently looking to recruit an Environmental, Health and Safety Officer to join our Midleton team.
The right person will be responsible for ensuring all members of the team create a safety critical environment by implementing safety statements, legislation and company policy across the company. They will also be required to ensure all relevant safety documents are completed and filed correctly as well as training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the waste management industry.
- Ensuring management are advised on and understand all matters relating to the Health and Safety of employees and to the potential impact on the business, such as safe working practices, equipment and safety training.
- Implementing the company's Environmental, Health and Safety policy, procedures and management systems.
- Developing guidelines, processes and documentation to support the Company in addressing and enforcing the required standards within health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Driving a safety culture by promoting best practice, carrying out training for new and current employees on the importance of health and safety on the job and by suggesting improvements to current methods of work.
- Delivering Induction programmes for new employees.
- Delivering Manual and Fire Safety training for all employees.
- Carrying out risk assessments, assessing workplace hazards, considering how risks could be reduced, preparing preventative measures including safe working procedures/safe systems of work and monitoring compliance.
- Drafting and communicating Risk Assessments, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
- Investigating and recording of any incident, accident, environmental queries or dangerous occurrences.
- Carrying out regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly adhered to.
- Maintaining Health and Safety records.
- Maintaining all Environmental documentation and reporting to relevant bodies.
The suitable candidate should have the following
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Excellent IT skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail.
- Proficient in implementing toolbox talks and induction training.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Full clean drivers licence.
- Manual Handling Instructor and Fire Warden certificate (advantage)
- Monday- Friday role on site (Ballinacurra, Midleton)
- Free parking
- PRSA Scheme available
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Discounted bin services for all employees
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €55,000.00-€60,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Please submit an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org